There are four(4) Universities in Gombe State, of which one(1) is a Federal University, two (2) are state-owned and one (1) is a Private University.
Gombe State is a state in northeastern Nigeria, lined toward the north and upper east by the territory of Borno and Yobe, toward the south by Taraba State, toward the southeast by Adamawa State, and toward the west by Bauchi State. Named for the city of Gombe, the state’s capital and biggest city, Gombe State was created from a piece of Bauchi State on 1 October 1996. Of the 36 provinces of Nigeria, Gombe is the 21st biggest in the region and 32nd generally crowded with an expected populace of around 3.25 million starting around 2016.
Federal University in Gombe State
Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
Federal University, Kashere is situated in Gombe state and was laid out by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2011 to operate as Federal University, Federal University, Kashere school expenses like most Federal Universities in Nigeria has reasonable (going for under N100K) to the everyday person in light of the fact that the mass expense of running the University is borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The college has no strict association and acknowledges students from various parts of the country.
Federal University, Kashere courses incorporate bachelor degree programs in Education, agriculture, science and social sciences. The University has a competitive process and furnishes students with different offices like library, hostel, school buildings and so on.
Prof. Umaru Alhaji Pate is the Vice Chancellor of Federal University, Kashere.
Faculties in Federal University, Kashere
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Science
Admission Requirements for Federal University, Kashere
The admission requirements for the Jamb UTME and Direct Entry (D.E) program of the Federal University Kashere (FUKASHERE) for its candidates are expressed as follows:
- Each applicants should have chosen the university (FUKASHERE) as a part of the Choice of University in the JAMB/UTME structure, and ideally as the “First Choice”
- Least of the credit marks in the establishment supported O’level result authentication.
- Each applicant must have a base score of 170 in the JAMB/UTME examination conducted.
- Each applicant should have at least a Merit pass in the institution approved certificate which incorporates the National Diploma (ND), NCE/IJMB and other Recognized certificates.
State University in Gombe State
There are two State Universities in Gombe State, they are;
Gombe State University
Gombe State University is situated in Gombe State, in the central Northeastern part of Nigeria. It is a member from the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The University comprises different Faculties to be specific: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, as well as a School of Postgraduate Studies, and a School of Basic and Remedial Studies.
The University likewise has a College of Medical Sciences, which is composed of three Faculties to be specific: Faculty of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences and Faculty of Clinical Sciences. Besides, there are various Directorates inside the University, like the Directorates of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Academic Planning, Research and Innovation, General Studies, Human Resources Development, Entrepreneurship, and Quality Assurance.
Likewise, the University right now runs around 40 Programs under various Departments and boasts of many best in arts infrastructures that are appropriate for present day educating and learning conditions practically identical to a large portion of the IVY association Universities of the world.
Faculties and college in Gombe State University
- Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- College of Medical Sciences
Admission Requirements for Gombe State University
Getting admitted into an Undergraduate Program Gombe State University (GSU) is essentially under 2 procedures which incorporate the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
Admission requirements through JAMB
- Candidates should be aged 16 and above.
- Candidates should have no less than 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This should incorporate the English Language, Mathematics, and three different subjects connected with their course of study.
- Candidates should score no less than 200 in the JAMB UTME assessment
- Not more than TWO sitting outcomes are acknowledged for entrance into the Gombe State University (GSU)
- Candidates should pick the right subject mix for their courses.
- Finally, applicants should meet the specified cut-off marks for their courses to acquire entrance into the college.
Admission requirements through DIRECT ENTRY
- Candidates should have five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This should incorporate English Language and Mathematics. Nonetheless, two sitting outcomes are permitted.
- Candidates should have likewise arrived at the age of 16.
- Candidates are supposed to get the JAMB Direct Entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates ought to have any of the following certifications: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
Gombe State University of Science and Technology
Established in 2017, Gombe State University of Science and Technology is a non-profit public higher education institution situated in the medium town of Kumo Gombe. Formally acknowledged by the National Universities Commission of Nigeria, Gombe State University of Science and Technology (GSUST) is a coeducational Nigerian higher education institution.
Gombe State University of Science and Technology (GSUST) offers courses and programs prompting formally acknowledged higher education degrees in a few areas of study. GSUST likewise gives a few academic and non-academic services and facilities to students including as well as administrative services.
Courses offered in Gombe State University of Science and Technology
- Business Management
- Public Administration
- Christian Religious Studies
- English Language
- Islamic Studies
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Christian Religious Studies
- Education And English Language
- Education And Geography
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Computer Science
- Political Science
Admission Requirements for Gombe State University of Science and Technology
- The Cut off Mark for GOMSU is 160. Competitors ought to have made Gombe State University Of Science And Technology their first choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
- Likewise, Candidates should have no less than 5 Credit Passes at a time in the important O’Level subjects including Mathematics and English.
With these prerequisites, you have a greater possibility of being admitted into the Gombe State University Of Science And Technology . Simply ensure you have good grades in O’Level result and a good grade in your JAMB UTME.
Private University in Gombe State
PEN Resource University, Gombe
Pen Resource (PRU) University happens to be the first private University in Gombe State. The University is licensed by the National University Commission (NUC) to run Undergraduate programs. There are (17) seventeen departments and three (3) faculties and in the Pen Resource University (PRU).
The Pen Resource University was conceived out of the longing to achieve the vision of Pen Resource Academy which is “To turn into a stage for creating and sending off the next generation of innovative, confident, innovation improved and information driven manufacturers of human culture”.
Faculties in Pen Resource University (PRU)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science and Computing
- Faculty of Communications Management and Social Sciences
Admission Requirements for Pen Resource University (PRU)
- Candidates must have a UTME Score of 130 Above
- Candidates must have O’ level Result with Minimum of 5 credit which includes Mathematics and English Language.
- Candidates must have an ID Card ( National Identity or International passport or Driver license).
- Candidates must have a Letter of Recommendation by a Pastor/lawyer.
In summary, there are four Universities in Gombei state which comprises One (1) Federal, Two (2) State, and One(1) Private University. The Universities listed above are accredited by the National University Commission (NUC). Therefore, if you’re interested in obtaining a degree in a University located in Gombe state, you can choose from the list given above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Cut off mark for Federal University, Kashere?
- The UTME Cut off Mark is 180. Applicants ought to have made Federal University Kashere their first choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. Likewise, Candidates should have no less than 5 Credit Passes at a time in the important O’Level subjects including Mathematics and English.
Does Gombe State University write Post UTME?
- NO! The Gombe State University (GOMSU) Will Not Conduct Post UTME Exams for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates who picked the school as their best option of foundation in the just concluded UTME.
Is Gombe State University the same as Gombe State University of Science and Technology?
- No, Both are different universities in Gombe state but are both state owned.
How many Private Universities do we have in Gombe State?
- There is only one Private University in Gombe State which is Pen Resource University (PRU).
if you are interested in checking out other universities in the northern part of Nigeria, you can read through List of universities in Borno state.